cannot open word docs from existing files from old pc RRS feed

• Question

• just got a new Mac and tried to open word file on Mac. prompting me to buy Word or activate. When I try to activate going into my account its not working....suggesting I go on live.com fir support...can you advise what I need to do? Purchased Microsoft office suite last week. 
    Thursday, December 7, 2017 3:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please activate Office on Mac by following these steps:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Activate-Office-2016-for-Mac-7f6646b1-bb14-422a-9ad4-a53410fcefb2

Are you using the correct Microsoft Account (MSA)? Sign out and sign in again with the account associated with your Office 365 subscription. You may need to choose "Sign in with another account" to proceed.

Verify your Microsoft Account has a license:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft Account at Office.com/signin.

Important: All Microsoft Accounts have access to Office Online for free. Seeing the web apps on this page doesn't necessarily mean that you have a subscription.

2. Click the Install Office button on the page.

3. If you have an Office license, you'll see it listed on the new page. This is the correct account to sign in with.

Tip: Not seeing any Office licenses? Try searching all of your email accounts for a confirmation email from Microsoft. This might help you find the email address that is your MSA.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 8, 2017 3:15 AM