How do I convert my computer back into a Reg Compuer from a Thin Client conversion RRS feed

• Question

• I confirmed my 10 year old Compaq Desktop computer is configured as Thin Client.  I confirmed this when I disabled Remote Access to my computer and my desktop Icons disappeard. I would very much like to configure it back to a independent functioning computer however I don't know how to do this or how it was even converted into a thin client.
    Monday, July 16, 2012 6:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Your question is strictly a hardware question and you will have to contact HP/Compaq Technical Support for more information.

Most thin clients are not full computers and cannot be changed to a fat (full) client, but this is information you will have to acquire from HP/Compaq, not Microsoft.

This is not a Windows XP problem.  This is a Compaq hardware problem!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, July 16, 2012 7:52 PM
  • Please repost your inquiry in the HP Desktop Operating Systems, Software & Recovery Forum.  Thank you!

Carey Frisch

Monday, July 16, 2012 7:54 PM