DirectX 2005 freez PC when i want to instal it. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I have problem whit DirectX2005 when i want instal crysis (1), dragon age origins or i donwload it from microsoft site. Every thing is good when i donwload but when i try to instal it i have normal screen of instalation and then after 1s its freez and my whole PC freez. I canot do anything so i need to restart it(using outside butown). I had no problem whit it some time(i instaled and played dragon age whit no problem) ago but now on same PC its broken. Smoebody knows what to do? because im out of ideas and EA suport is usles (because this problem first appared in their games).

Saturday, August 29, 2015 7:17 PM

Answers

• That update was for Windows XP and probably is not compatible with Windows 7.

Why do you want to install it?  You have DirectX 10 in Windows 7.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, September 8, 2015 1:23 AM
    Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:21 PM

All replies

• That update was for Windows XP and probably is not compatible with Windows 7.

Why do you want to install it?  You have DirectX 10 in Windows 7.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, September 8, 2015 1:23 AM
    Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:21 PM
  • Hi lokojo,

Thank you for your question.

Please post link which you download DirectX2005 to us, and check if the software was supported on Windows 7.

If DirectX 2005 is DirectX End-User Runtimes, it will not be supported on Windows 7, we could refer to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15478 

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by jim-xu Tuesday, September 1, 2015 8:34 AM
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 8:33 AM