Adobe CS6 design web premium serialization RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I created an Appv with 5 SP3 for Adobe CS6 desiang and web premium, followed this guide:

http://www.vroom.cc/wordpress/index.php/sequencing-adobe-photoshop-cs6/

I have added the vbs script in my deployment config but then in de publish package part of the user not in the run in virutalenvironment, because I have more executables a user can start.

I receive a Result: 25 message in my adobe serialization logging.

When I go into the virtual environment and run the vbs script from the commandprompt it works fine.

Anybode got an idea?

Thank you.

Thursday, September 3, 2015 9:00 AM

Answers

• We have created a workaround, I created a separate shortcut that points to a script, this script then serializes the adobe suite.
    With the usermanagement tool that is used, this shortcuts is triggered once before if one of the other Adobe shortcuts are executed.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:14 AM

All replies

• How are you calling the script in the config file? Does it make any error entry in the eventviewer? Can you post the config.xml file in which you have added the script execution? I believe since you have kept the script to run in the publish package part in the user section, the script runs outside the virtual environment and not inside the virtual bubble.

Moreover user script does not run in the local account. It needs to be run in the domain account. Try publishing the package in a domain account and see.

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you. )

Thursday, September 3, 2015 9:31 AM
  • Thanks for you reply.

The eventviewer does not display any errors. The problem indeed I think is that is runs outside the virtual environment. I tried now running it when the virtual environment starts, but then the application hangs on startup.

Finaly I tried it like the solution that is described in the recipe, also then photoshop hangs on startup, I do not want to use this solution because then the adobe products only are serialized when photoshop is started.

<StartProcess RunInVirtualEnvironment="true">
            <Path>wscript.exe</Path>
            <Arguments>serialize.vbs</Arguments>
            <Wait RollbackOnError="true"/>
            <ApplicationId>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe</ApplicationId>
          </StartProcess>

Thursday, September 3, 2015 10:49 AM
  • Are you running the package in domain account?

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you. )

Thursday, September 3, 2015 10:52 AM
  • Yes I am I know that since the sp2 this can be a problem if you run scripts with local accounts.
    Thursday, September 3, 2015 10:59 AM
  • Ok,So you have also tried in StartVirtualEnvironment  and checked. What does the Script log say? Is it executed properly? Without the script does the shortcuts launch properly?

Thursday, September 3, 2015 11:07 AM
  • Sorry, last couple of days i was busy with another package.

Today i created a separate shortcut that points to my serialize.cmd file within that file i run the adobeserialization.exe, this works. If i then start an adobe product this is activated.

I also tried placing the cmd in the 'startproces' part of the script and then pointing to phothop.exe, this works also.

But i do not want the users to run a separate shortcut or Photoshop first, they must be able to click any of the CS6 appliations.

So finaly i put the script in the startvirtualenvironment part and then nothing happens when i click a shortcut.I was wondering is it possible to point the Startproces to multiple executables, or as a workaround is it possible to run a shortcut after publishing?

Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:20 AM
  • It's not possible to add multiple executables to the startprocess trigger. It will show an error. I will test this case in my home lab and keep you posted if I find any workaround.

Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:37 AM
  • So finaly i put the script in the startvirtualenvironment part and then nothing happens when i click a shortcut.

So what happens, does the script got triggered?

Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:45 AM
  • With App-V 5.1, you can run multiple scripts

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbucci/archive/2015/09/14/app-v-5-1-scriptrunner.aspx

Steve Bucci Microsoft

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:33 PM
  • Or create a wrapper which runs these multiple exe's.
    Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:26 AM
  • We have created a workaround, I created a separate shortcut that points to a script, this script then serializes the adobe suite.
    With the usermanagement tool that is used, this shortcuts is triggered once before if one of the other Adobe shortcuts are executed.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:14 AM