none
Query Modification vs Pivot Table (not PowerPivot) Excel 2016 Pro+ RRS feed

• Question

• Guys,

got issue like this:

I make a query with PowerQuery, then insert PivotTable from that query (data are not loaded to Data Model **).

Now all is ok, but if i modify query (some changes in PowerQuery) connection between PivotTable and Query is crushed... PivotTable is no longer Pivot...

I figured out a little workaround (make Reference of your final query and connecting Pivot Table to reference, then all changes make in basic query of referenced).

Do you know any simpler solution? Maybe is there some "chechbox" in settings?

** If you load your connection's data to Data Model it makes problem for all users that don't have PowerPivot Add-Inn, they can't e.g. filter data in Pivot Table, pivot columns, they just can see the data, nothing more.

Greg

Friday, February 9, 2018 12:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Greg,

To better understand your question, I would appreciate the following information: 

1. Can you please share your step-by-step scenario to help me reproduce the problem locally?
    2. I will also appreciate if you can send me the problematic workbook. Just make sure that your workbook doesn’t contain any sensitive information in it – remove the sensitive data or scramble it before sharing the workbook with me.

Thanks,

Guy

- Excel Team

Guy Hunkin - Excel Team

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:57 PM