none
How to change project working hours RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Under PWA i have create new enterprise calender by selecting standard calender and than make a copy. now i want to change working hours from 8 to 9.  for example start time 9:00 a.m. and finished time 6:00 p.m.  kindly guide further how to set / change working hours.

Thanks.

iffi

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 8:18 AM

Answers

• You're only creating projects from MS Project? Or you also use PWA?

If you just use MS Project, then the answer is NO, you cannot set "my project" the default template when a user creates a new project. He will always be able to choose any project template.

In PWA, you can associate your template to all EPT, so user's will be forced to use it (only the default EPT will have no template).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by imughal Thursday, August 3, 2017 6:17 AM
    Wednesday, August 2, 2017 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

how i make this new created calendar as default for future project.

pls guide.

Thx

iffi

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 9:59 AM
  • You have to create a project template (open a blank project in MSP, select the right calendar, save the project as a template), then associate the template to your project type(s). So each time you'll create a new project using the project type, the project will be created using the template with the calendar associated.

Here is for the template:

http://www.pmconnection.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=76

And for the project type configuration:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Enterprise-Project-Types-c576de02-a25c-4ea1-9de6-02be44dbb0a6?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB&fromAR=1

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

You have to create a project template (open a blank project in MSP, select the right calendar, save the project as a template)  save on my computer - DONE
    how to upload this template on project server / project Online

associate the template to your project type(s) - How
    Please guide how can i associate template to Project.

Under Enterprise Project Types -- > New Enterprise Project -- where i select my project template.

pls guide.

thx

iffi

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 12:13 PM
  • Please follow the instruction above. When you create the template (save as/template), MS Project must be connected to Project Online. So the template is not stored on your computer but on Project Online as a template (you won't see it in the project center).

To associate the template to an EPT, create a new EPT or open an existing one. Then in the project plan template section (see image below), you should see your project template if you correctly saved it on Project Online. Select it and save the EPT.

https://ntrajkovski.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/image_thumb75.png?w=870&h=772

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 12:25 PM
  • Hi,

i have done with project template and associated with EPT. Set My New EPT as default. When i create new project using project professional 2016, it ask me project template than i select default but problem is that it use standard calender.

But when i select Enterprise and than my EPT than project show my created calendar.

Pls guide how to allow user whenever create project it should automatically select my EPT. that is enterprise.

Thanks

iffi

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 1:22 PM
  • First of all, you cannot associate a project template with the default EPT, since it can be created from MSP where any templates can be chosen.

Then if I understand well, you want any new project to have your default EPT. Which is not possible unless you create just 1 EPT, so users won't have the choice. This is the principle of EPT: proposing various project governance versus the project types. So it is logical that users can choose the EPT. Note that if  you need (which is unclear to me) is to have always the same project template used, you can associate your given template to all EPTs, so it'll be used for all projects. Once again, the default EPT (your 3rd one in your screenshot) cannot have a project template associated.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 1:45 PM
  • In Project Professional when i select File -> New -> Enterprise --> My Project than it come up with my created working hours calendar that is 9-6 p.m. This what i want. 

is this possible that make "My Project" as default so that whenever user create new project it should be My Project Type.

or is there any way to disable other EPT so that user can always select my EPT.

or enforce user to always use MY EPT not default.

Thanks

iffi

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 2:04 PM
  • You're only creating projects from MS Project? Or you also use PWA?

If you just use MS Project, then the answer is NO, you cannot set "my project" the default template when a user creates a new project. He will always be able to choose any project template.

In PWA, you can associate your template to all EPT, so user's will be forced to use it (only the default EPT will have no template).

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by imughal Thursday, August 3, 2017 6:17 AM
    Wednesday, August 2, 2017 2:10 PM