Ran installation script but device not reporting into console RRS feed

• Question

• I ran the script and confirmed the registry changes, however I do not see my machine reporting into the portal.
    Monday, May 23, 2016 12:16 PM

Answers

• Please note that it may take a few minutes for a machine to light up on the portal following running the onboarding script. The time period is affected by connection to the internet, channel optimization consideration and actual events recorded on the machine.

Looking into the telemetry feed I can see a machine you on-boarded that is reporting data and is visible in the portal. Please check again and let us know if the issue is resolved.  

• Marked as answer by Rich Lilly Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:54 AM
    Monday, May 23, 2016 8:02 PM

All replies

• Please verify the following:

first are you running either the Enterprise or Pro editions of Windows as they are required for Windows Defender ATP.

Next are you able to reach Windows Update or update Windows Defender via the Windows Update feed.

thanks,

Chris Wojahn
    Escalation Engineer | Support Engineering -  Cloud & Infrastructure Solutions | Security & Incident Response Team

Customer Services & Support | Microsoft Corporation

Monday, May 23, 2016 4:34 PM
  • Please note that it may take a few minutes for a machine to light up on the portal following running the onboarding script. The time period is affected by connection to the internet, channel optimization consideration and actual events recorded on the machine.

Looking into the telemetry feed I can see a machine you on-boarded that is reporting data and is visible in the portal. Please check again and let us know if the issue is resolved.  

• Marked as answer by Rich Lilly Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:54 AM
    Monday, May 23, 2016 8:02 PM
  • Thanks, just a slight delay in reporting. Blog experience here!

http://www.acloudabove.com/2016/05/23/installing-windows-defender-advanced-threat-protection-atp/

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:54 AM