none
Message threads display in reverse date order....ONLY RRS feed

• Question

• When I view a conversation with one person in Outlook on my Android (Galaxy S9) phone, the messages in the thread are displayed with the OLDEST at the top......instead of the conventional (not to mention LOGICAL) NEWEST at top.

How do I reverse this erroneous, upside-down date sort?

Thanks for any help.

Monday, August 12, 2019 2:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean the conversations under "Conversation History" folder?

The conversation messages are displayed in time sequence by default. You can check from Outlook on PC and OWA as well. It's different from emails, the oldest messages are at the top and it will be convenient to check your chat records. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:07 AM
  • Thanks for getting back, Lydia.

I meant "The conversations in my Inbox".

And, Yes, you are correct..."the oldest messages are at the top".

But, as with any "sensible" email system (every one OTHER than Outlook)....I would like my OLDEST messages at the BOTTOM......because....

1. That's where old things go

2. They are least important

3. By definition......they're OLD

4. That's the way people and communications work; old drops down.....NEW comes in at the top

I want to be able to see the latest, greatest, current, most recent, JUST HAPPENED stuff....without having to scroll down three pages to the BOTTOM.

So, how do I REVERSE the bizarre, oldest first date sorting in Outlook Mobile? (Please take special notice of the "Mobile")

Thanks for any tips/tricks.

Michael

• Edited by UncleScotty Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:36 PM
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:33 PM
  • Hi,

Unlike emails in Outlook you can check the latest reply at the top of the email. The "Conversation History" folder save message records from Skype for Business conversation which is sorted in time sequence. So all conversation content will be saved in time sequence as well. This is by designed and we cannot change the saving sequence of the conversation content.

Also, when we check this records, we check the whole conversation and it's not supported to sort each message record again in "Conversation History" folder.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:42 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Monday, August 19, 2019 9:28 AM