Bug in "Next desktop background" RRS feed

• Question

• Given a directory to cycle through for desktop backgrounds and manually cycling through using the Desktop context menu "Next desktop background", seems like the timer to change the wallpaper isn't reset.

STR:

1) Change the desktop wallpaper to cycle every 10 minutes

2) After 8 minutes, manually for a new wallpaper

3) See the new forced wallpaper change after 2 minutes

I didn't really know where to report this bug. Let me know if there is somewhere better where I can post this.

Cheers.

• Edited by Aly Hirani Sunday, August 1, 2010 12:39 AM More info
    Sunday, August 1, 2010 12:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This is not a bug. Windows 7 does not recalculate the time after changing the background manually by default.

If you want the feature to recalculate the time after changing the background manually, you may still send you feedback to Microsoft through the link fmg map provided.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, August 2, 2010 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Aly, if you feel that this is a bug, please send a brief decripcion your problem here: http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195  . Thx for sharing and make a better operating system.
    Sunday, August 1, 2010 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

This is not a bug. Windows 7 does not recalculate the time after changing the background manually by default.

If you want the feature to recalculate the time after changing the background manually, you may still send you feedback to Microsoft through the link fmg map provided.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, August 2, 2010 7:45 AM