none
Project Server 2007 Version Tables Missing RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to troubleshoot a Project Server error and discovered that the version databases are missing. Has anyone come across this before? How are these databases not installed during the Server installation process? Any recommendations on how to get these databases installed without a complete uninstall/reinstall?

TIA

• Edited by hollidayma Friday, August 27, 2010 6:10 PM
    Friday, August 27, 2010 5:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Holidayma,

Dont try that Holidayma - it didn't work - the re-provision fails as it cannot find the Versions tables.  I am still concerned at what else might be wrong with your data and would suggest doing a full restore to the backed up databases, which should give you at least a constent point in time.  If you want to dig deeper I'd suggest a support incident - but it can be diffulcut to trace what actually happened in these circumstances.  Do users generally have access to the database with other tools?  Couold an accident have happened?

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Friday, August 27, 2010 10:55 PM
    Owner

All replies

• What do you mean by the version database? Our four standard database are Draft, Published, Reporting and Archived. There is a version table in each that tracks software updates...
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Friday, August 27, 2010 6:00 PM
  • Sorry, its the version table that is missing.
    Friday, August 27, 2010 6:02 PM
  • Also here is the exact version number...

The version under Site Settings in PWA is

Friday, August 27, 2010 6:08 PM
  • We found the missing tables in an old backup and will be attempting to create the tables in the current backup.  What would cause these tables to come up missing?
    Friday, August 27, 2010 7:14 PM
  • Hi Holidayma,

I am not aware of any known conditions that would remove these tables.  During a configuration wizard run these would be updated, but they are not removed and re-written, just extra rows added and some rows updated.  I would be concerned about your other tables if these have gone missing. 

I'm not sure if going in to the Provisioning screen and selecting Edit, without changing anything but just running through a re-provision would correct this problem - but I will try this and report back.

Best regards,

Brian.

Friday, August 27, 2010 10:43 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Holidayma,

Dont try that Holidayma - it didn't work - the re-provision fails as it cannot find the Versions tables.  I am still concerned at what else might be wrong with your data and would suggest doing a full restore to the backed up databases, which should give you at least a constent point in time.  If you want to dig deeper I'd suggest a support incident - but it can be diffulcut to trace what actually happened in these circumstances.  Do users generally have access to the database with other tools?  Couold an accident have happened?

Best regards,

Brian.

Friday, August 27, 2010 10:55 PM
    Owner
  • Brian,

Thanks for the responses. We recovered the version tables from the older backup and have successfully scripted them into the current backup. Still, no indication as to why they came up missing in the first place. There is an integration service coming from Microsoft Dynamics SL that provides access to the MSP databases for end users. So, perhaps that service has something to do with the version tables missing?

Marc

Monday, August 30, 2010 1:53 PM