none
Re-create Protection Group RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

I've stopped the protection of a group as our customer has added 100GB of Data to the replica. This being replicated over a 2mb connection would take forever.  I've manually moved a copy of the data in to the replica location and want to recreate the protection group so that I can consistency check the data and get it back in Sync.

Within the GUI, there is an inactive replica available. What's the best way for me to reinitiate protection of this group?

Thanks

Craig

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hi all,

I've stopped the protection of a group as our customer has added 100GB of Data to the replica. This being replicated over a 2mb connection would take forever.  I've manually moved a copy of the data in to the replica location and want to recreate the protection group so that I can consistency check the data and get it back in Sync.

Within the GUI, there is an inactive replica available. What's the best way for me to reinitiate protection of this group?

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig,

The answer to your question is outlined in the second half of one of my posts from a while back. Here is the link:

http://www.buchatech.com/2011/07/mark-inactive-protected-data-active-in-dpm/

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Saturday, April 21, 2012 6:39 AM