Intermittent IM issues in skype for business 2015 server RRS feed

• Question

• Backgroun: At our company here we have Skype for Business 2015 Server on premises. I am a new System administrator and I was handed a skype mess here and I was wondering if anyone could help.

1 front end server that has collocated the mediation server, back end database, Persistent chat, 1 Edge Server 1 OWA server 1 Reverse Proxy server 1 Session Border Control Audio Codes Mediant 800

ISSUE

I have most of our users here that can IM people and sometimes they cant. Like this morning I was able to contact a user fully then about an hour later the IMs were not going through. It just had one of those Windows 10 dot circles and then it would fail out. The IM part is very inconsistent. We run Windows 10 Pro and Skype for Business 2016 client. We also can't change the presence, and the presence will also change to random statuses. For example I will be at my computer and it will say I am away and I can't change it manually to available.

Troubelshooting

• Updated my computer and other computers with the latest Skype for Business 2016 X64 update
    • Deleted out my sip profile folder on my local machine
    • Ran Snooper to trace good an bad IM sip sessions but I am having issues deciphering the issues
    • Tried to update the Global Address List
    • I am also getting an error in the Application logs on the Front end server pointing to: Fabric\work\CM\P_00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000002000\R_130796374628356681\CM.edb: Index OperationLSNIndex of table LocalStoreData is corrupted (0). 
    Monday, October 15, 2018 7:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Frank,

Please make sure you’ve installed the latest CU for Skype for Business 2015 server.

If the issue still persists, please try to restart Front End Server and reproduce the issue in the SFB, and then check any errors on the event view of SFB Front End Server.

The event would help further detect the problem.

Besides, Peer-to-Peer Activity Diagnostic Report in the monitoring report could also be checked for the unexpected failure if possible, the report provides information about the success and failure of your peer-to-peer communication sessions.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Wednesday, October 17, 2018 11:22 AM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:29 AM
  • OK so I did a Get-CsServerVersion and found that the Skype for Business server is at 6.0.9319.0. 

Would it be a good idea to upgrade to the latest version of the CU or do you know of a CU version that is more stable?

Also the version of Skype for Business client that is installed on my machine is 16.0.4756.1000

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 1:37 PM
  • Hi Frank,

We would suggest you install the latest CU7 for your Skype for Business server, you could check more details in the following link: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/uclobby/2015/06/22/skype-for-business-2015-cumulative-update-list/

Please have a try and let us know if any.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:50 AM
  • Please Deleted the Skype for business Client logs from the below location.

%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\Tracing

Start collecting log on problematic client and share the log or you can view the log or Cause.

Please mention the User details having IM issue.

Mani Bhushan

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:09 AM
  • Agree with Calvin,

For now, you run the below command in your frontend server and observe the behavior.

Enable-CsComputer

I do also suspect the issue could be due to performance.. ensure you have recommended configuration as per this article

You can also run the KHI (Key Health Indicators) in your frontend server to identify performance issue. Download KHI resource here

Neeranjan Shettar (MyPage)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:42 AM
  • Ok so last night I ran the newest CU for SFB on the Front End server and the Edge Server. I first ran the CU on the Front End, then when it was finished I rebooted the server. Then I ran the same CU on the Edge server and Rebooted. After the updates were done I tested this with a couple of users and it was working fully.

I came in the morning and I am running into the same issues as mentioned before, where I am having issues reaching half the users again. Here are the errors I am getting on the Front End server now:

Event Viewer:

Lync Server Logs

The database being used by Group Pickup is not the appropriate version.

The database is not the correct version:
    Connection: Data Source=(local)\rtc;Initial Catalog=cpsdyn;Integrated Security=True
    Expected... SchemaVersion: 1, SprocVersion: 1, UpgradeVersion: 3
    Actual...   SchemaVersion: 1, SprocVersion: 1, UpgradeVersion: 2
    Cause: The database has not been upgraded.
    Resolution:
    Upgrade the database to CU1.

Source: LS Call Park Service

Event ID: 31059

Applicatioon Logs

Task Category (2002)

Fabric (24600) (00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000002000:130796374628356681): Database C:\ProgramData\Windows Fabric\FRANK-SKYPE.AD.domainname\Fabric\work\CM\P_00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000002000\R_130796374628356681\CM.edb: Index OperationLSNIndex of table LocalStoreData is corrupted (0). 

Source: ESE (ESE)

Event ID: 467

Task Category: Database Corruption

Got any suggestions?

Thursday, October 18, 2018 1:33 PM
  • Can you try updating the databases by running the below command 

Install-CsDatabase -Update -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn <SQL Server FQDN>

Reference article : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/manage/topology/patch-or-update-a-back-end-or-standard-edition-server

Neeranjan Shettar (MyPage)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

• Marked as answer by Jeff at Frank Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:40 PM
    Friday, October 19, 2018 7:37 PM