none
Use Outlook 365 for Mac [version 16.27] to archive emails to hard drive RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to save old emails to an archive that sits on my iMac hard drive - rather than an archive that sits on a Microsoft exchange server.

Which buttons in sequence do I push in latest [version 16.27] Microsoft 365 to achieve this simple age old task?

Have spent 4 hours with microsoft support of various levels - all of whom found my questions strange and claimed never to have heard it before.

Chris D form Oz

Friday, August 9, 2019 6:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

According to my research, I'm afraid there is not a direct way to archive your messages to hard drive. As a workaround, it is suggested to export the messages as .olm files and store them in hard drive.

Besides, there is a thread for your reference.

Archiving emails from Outlook on a Mac.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 12, 2019 6:22 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Have you got the issue fiexed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:37 AM