none
MIMWAL Build and deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I've followed the https://github.com/Microsoft/MIMWAL/wiki/build-and-deployment to build and deploy mimwal

is it right? can I follow to test it in the dev environment? (we only have a fresh MIM2016 environment deployed and full patched)

At release & start I've got the warning/error

---------------------------
    Microsoft Visual Studio
    Unable to start program 'C:\MIMWAL-master\src\WorkflowActivityLibrary\bin\Release\MicrosoftServices.IdentityManagement.WorkflowActivityLibrary.dll'.

C:\MIMWAL-master\src\WorkflowActivityLibrary\bin\Release\MicrosoftServices.IdentityManagement.WorkflowActivityLibrary.dll is not a valid Win32 application.
    OK   

after that I've got this

------ Build started: Project: WorkflowActivityLibrary, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------

WorkflowActivityLibrary -> C:\MIMWAL-master\src\WorkflowActivityLibrary\bin\Release\MicrosoftServices.IdentityManagement.WorkflowActivityLibrary.dll
      C:\MIMWAL-master\src\SolutionOutput specifies a file name or a directory name
      (F = file, D = directory)? 
      C:\MIMWAL-master\src\SolutionOutput especifica um nome de arquivo
      ou de diretório no destino
      (F = file, D = directory)? C:\MIMWAL-master\src\SolutionOutput specifies a file name or a directory name
      (F = file, D = directory)? ?  þð þöµØà7Â(­      C:\MIMWAL-master\src\SolutionOutput specifies a file name or a directory name
      (F = file, D = directory)? C:\MIMWAL-master\src\Scripts\CaptureTrace.cmd
      C:\MIMWAL-master\src\Scripts\CompileLanguagePack.cmd
      C:\MIMWAL-master\src\Scripts\EncryptData.ps1
      C:\MIMWAL-master\src\Scripts\gacutil.exe
      C:\MIMWAL-master\src\Scripts\Register.ps1
      C:\MIMWAL-master\src\Scripts\RunPSLoggingSample.ps1
      C:\MIMWAL-master\src\Scripts\Sign.cmd
      C:\MIMWAL-master\src\Scripts\sn.exe
      C:\MIMWAL-master\src\Scripts\TestLogger.ps1
      C:\MIMWAL-master\src\Scripts\UpdateWorkflowXoml.ps1
      10 file(s) copied
    ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

---

Thiago Beier Se foi útil marca como resposta! Don´t forget to mark as answer!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:26 PM

All replies

• I doubt you followed the instructions. The guide asks you to only compile (Rebuild Solution) the solution, not run it as you have attempted to do :)
    Tuesday, April 12, 2016 9:25 PM
    Owner
  • I have followed the instructions still unable to compile (by doing release mode - rebuild solution):

Error 1 Metadata file '...\MIMWAL\src\WorkflowActivityLibrary\bin\Release\MicrosoftServices.IdentityManagement.WorkflowActivityLibrary.dll' could not be found ...\MIMWAL\src\WorkflowActivityLibrary.UI\CSC WorkflowActivityLibrary.UI

Error 2 Compilation failed. Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information. WorkflowActivityLibrary

I got the FIM DLL files from the MIMWAL site so I'm assuming they should be the right version, and placed the exe's in the scripts folder. 

It is compiling in .net 3.5 and this is definitely installed.

Is anyone able to see what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:46 AM
  • What edition of Visual Studio you are using? If Community addition, then also check the detailed error in the "Output" window pane. If the error is "Workflow targets", then install the .NET 3.5 Framework support / component from the visual studio installer.
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:43 AM
    Owner