none
deploying Vista x64 RRS feed

• Question

• So I have no issues deploying WIN7 x86 & x64 images.

I am now trying to deploy x64 Vista. Followed all the steps outlined to deploy vista.

I have an image captured, when I create a new task sequence and add the vista wim to the task.
    As soon as I start my task sequence I cant see the Vista task sequence.

Ive noticed that if I switch the install OS line to point to the vista wim file, that causes the
    task sequence to not show on the list.

What am I missing, how can my x64 WIN7 tasks show but not the vista???

What am I missing???

So I just noticed that if I burn an x64 disc the vista task sequence shows up. Odd expecially since I have been using the x86 for both 32 & 64bit deployments. 

TechKnott

• Edited by TechKnott Friday, May 30, 2014 3:33 PM
    Friday, May 30, 2014 12:56 PM

Answers

• I don't understand what you are doing here. Did you replace a windows 7 task sequence with a Windows Vista OS image? I don't think that is supported.

Please create a *new* task sequence with your Windows Vista OS Image.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Monday, June 2, 2014 10:04 PM

All replies

• I don't understand what you are doing here. Did you replace a windows 7 task sequence with a Windows Vista OS image? I don't think that is supported.

Please create a *new* task sequence with your Windows Vista OS Image.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Monday, June 2, 2014 10:04 PM
  • No i didnt.

I was attempting to deploy a Vista x64 OS using MDT2012. It appears I had an issue with my captured Vista image. I was not aware that there was an AIK for Vista and had been using the WAIK for WIN7.

Appearantly when I captured the wim using the WIN7 AIK, it completed but there was issues when attempting to deploy. After the drive format, I kept getting errors about writing to the drive.

Also, I have to boot using an x64 disc because the x86 boot will not detect the Vista task sequences.

It all works 100% now.

Thanks for your feedback.....

TechKnott

• Edited by TechKnott Tuesday, June 3, 2014 12:32 AM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 12:32 AM