none
How to Convert Geometry points to Geography Lat Long RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I am bit new to deal with the spatial data and came across a situation of working with the following type of data which is in Geometry Points [Easting (Location/Map Coordinates) - 281909.99, Northing (Location/Map Coordinates) - 6131822.088, Geometry - POINT (15430240.7060974 -4154733.01415884)]. What is the best way to convert this data to Geography Lat Long format? Appreciate your insights. 

Regards,

Lesly

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 9:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Lesly,

Here are some similar threads might be helpful to you:

How to convert Geometry to Geography ?

How To Get Lat-Long From Geography Data Type

Converting a geometry polygon (eastings/northings) to geography polygon (lat/long)

Hope this could help you.

Best Regards,

Amelia Gu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 5:43 AM
  • Thanks Amelia,

I had gone through those post and its helpful. I was looking for any functions or  manual calculations to convert this POINT geometry values to approximate Geography LAT LONG. I have been searching through and found a similar stuff and yet to try. Thank you for your response.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7872539/easting-northing-to-latitude-longitude

Saturday, November 9, 2019 11:25 AM
  • Hi Lesly,

I am glad to know that your problem has been solved.

In order to close this thread, please mark useful replies as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are having this similar issue. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Amelia Gu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 11, 2019 7:05 AM