Exchange 2007 SP3 and Outlook 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We have Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007 deployed in our environment. I have found that a number of users are removing the "anonymous" and "default" permissions all together from folders within their mailbox. I can fix it manually with PFDAVAdmin on a folder by folder basis when I find the issue.

Is there a way to have the system automatically put the permissions back to the default of "Anonymous none" and "Default none" maybe a powershell script to fix all mailboxes?

Any ideas?

Friday, September 9, 2011 1:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

James just gives the detail steps using PFDAVAdmin.

As far as I know, there is no way to have the system automatically put the permission to all mailboxes.

Thanks

Sophia Xu
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Friday, September 16, 2011 6:32 AM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:16 AM

All replies

• In pfdavadmin, open all mailboxes. Highlight the Mailboxes at the very top level, right click propagate folder ace. Click OK at the prompt and you should get the permissions window and you will see anonymous and everyone listed, click ok. Check the two boxes for anonymous and everyone click ok. This will add and propagate the anonymous and default to all your mailboxes

Also make a backup of the mailbox permissions before incase you screw up. Highlight mailboxes at the root and export.

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    Friday, September 9, 2011 2:57 PM
  • Hi,

James just gives the detail steps using PFDAVAdmin.

As far as I know, there is no way to have the system automatically put the permission to all mailboxes.

Thanks

Sophia Xu
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Friday, September 16, 2011 6:32 AM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:16 AM