How to give permissions to edit other users' profiles in SharePoint 2007 RRS feed

All replies

• Hi etala,

I have a test in my local server about this issue, the added user can edit other people’s user profile.

To add the user, go to SSP admin site, Site Actions->Site Settings->Advanced permissions, add users, enter your user name, and assign the user permission: full control. In SSP, under user Profiles and My Sites-> Personalization services permissions. Add the user. Then sign in with this user account, he can edit the user profile. Would you please have a check to give the user full control, and add he/she to Personalization services Permission.

Thanks,
    Qiao
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact
    tnmff@microsoft.com.

Qiao Wei

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:05 AM
  • Hi Qiao,

Thanks for the answer - you're right I had forgotten to give the user Full Control over the SSP Admin Site, but even though I have now done this, it still doesn't work for me.

Just to confirm, the user has full control on the SSP Admin Site, and "Manage User Profiles" permission in Personalization Services Permissions.

Sorry..................

Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:33 AM
  • Hi etala,

Thanks for posting back.

As to your scenario, after you add the user to SSP Admin site, whether the user can access the SSP site but cannot edit user profile or the user cannot access the SSP site? As it works for me, the step to add the user should be correct.

Also, have you tried to add another user to check whether the result is same? Have you met any errors when you do these steps?

Thanks,

Qiao
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact
    tnmff@microsoft.com.

Qiao Wei

TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 21, 2012 2:32 AM
  • Hi Qiao,

The issue is that after adding the user to the Full Control of the SSP Site and giving them "Manage User Profiles" permission they still cannot edit other users' profiles.

They can successfully enter the SSP Site, but interestingly if they try to access the Personalization Services Permissions link they get an Access Denied message (even though they supposedly have Full Control)

Puzzling!

Friday, September 21, 2012 11:25 AM