PRODUCT KEY ACTIVATION RRS feed

• Question

• HOW TO GET THE NEW WINDOWS 10 PRODUCT KEY. YESTERDAY I UPGRADE MY WINDOWS 8 TO WINDOWS 10 THEN IT'S SHOW TO GIVE THE PRODUCT KEY . PLEASE HELP ME.......... 
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 5:06 AM

Answers

• If you did the upgrade on an activated Windows 8.1 computer using the reserved upgrade method, no key is required and it will activate using your current key.  Some issues have been reported with activation servers being overloaded so you may want to try to just simply manually attempt activation a couple of time.

If you performed an upgrade using a CD or USB stick from a downloaded copy of Windows 10 ISO, then you must have a Windows 10 product key, unless you already performed an upgrade using your reserved copy first.

Also, free upgrades are only offered to Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users.

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, August 3, 2015 11:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Tuesday, August 11, 2015 7:44 AM
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 1:43 PM

All replies

• If you did the upgrade on an activated Windows 8.1 computer using the reserved upgrade method, no key is required and it will activate using your current key.  Some issues have been reported with activation servers being overloaded so you may want to try to just simply manually attempt activation a couple of time.

If you performed an upgrade using a CD or USB stick from a downloaded copy of Windows 10 ISO, then you must have a Windows 10 product key, unless you already performed an upgrade using your reserved copy first.

Also, free upgrades are only offered to Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users.

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, August 3, 2015 11:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Tuesday, August 11, 2015 7:44 AM
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 1:43 PM
  • There are only generic "Public" keys which will not activate.  The only individualized keys are MSDN, and KMS>

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, July 30, 2015 2:18 PM
  • Thank you very much .my windows 8 was upgraded to windows 10 without any key.
    Sunday, August 2, 2015 7:52 AM
  • If you go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices, is your device listed (with Windows 10)?

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:48 PM