FPS Drops In Every Game RRS feed

• Question

• So this has always been happening for more than a year and I'm just sick of it, so I'll be playing Battlefield 4 and my fps will be smooth then my fps goes down to 15-10 for 30 seconds ( this happens in all games I have) or more then goes back to normal. I have water cooling and 3 fans that I just cleaned but it still lags. This happens with other game you name it, I defraged my computer, I did virus scans but still nothing. I have 8 GB of RAM, for a graphics card I have the AMD R9 280 and for my processor I have the AMD FX 8320, which are pretty okay specs so I don't see a problem running battlefield, I change the graphic settings but it still doesn't do anything. Please help me I don't know why my fps drops.

• Edited by Murple1 Saturday, May 7, 2016 5:55 PM
    Saturday, May 7, 2016 5:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Murple1,

According to your description, I suggest that we could update the graphic driver to the latest version. It could be caused by a CPU load or disk activity and the game needs to load something off disk. We need to do is shut-down unnecessary processes. Also we could startup in Clean Boot to avoid the effects of third party software.

If you have certain A/V's, they could be calling home and getting new signatures. Some, like Norton products could be doing that every 10 minutes. With an underpowered CPU and possibly a slow. So as a test, disable the A/V for 20 minutes and see if the games run OK.

I find a problem is similar with you in the link below. Please check the post provided by highburn.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/127518-13-sudden-drops-games

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 9, 2016 11:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried updating the graphics card drivers?

Also, have you checked the system performance during this "lag"?

Kind regards,

Matthijs

Monday, May 9, 2016 7:50 AM
  • Hi Murple1,

According to your description, I suggest that we could update the graphic driver to the latest version. It could be caused by a CPU load or disk activity and the game needs to load something off disk. We need to do is shut-down unnecessary processes. Also we could startup in Clean Boot to avoid the effects of third party software.

If you have certain A/V's, they could be calling home and getting new signatures. Some, like Norton products could be doing that every 10 minutes. With an underpowered CPU and possibly a slow. So as a test, disable the A/V for 20 minutes and see if the games run OK.

I find a problem is similar with you in the link below. Please check the post provided by highburn.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/127518-13-sudden-drops-games

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 9, 2016 11:28 AM