TAPI Stopped working in Creators 1703 Build RRS feed

• Question

• My issue is with Allworx TAPI 3.0.0.0, was working before the Creators update and now nothing. Contacted Allworx and they say that there TAPI is Windows 10 compatible and it worked great until I updated to 1703 (15063) Build. I tested again with another PC and same thing works great before updating to 1703 but doesn't see it after. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, sfc /scannow, Clean Boot and still nothing. Please Help as we use this program a lot.

Thanks

Tom

Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:30 PM

All replies

• Have they tried there driver in 1703?

Not one of the available VPN software can be installed ver 10.0.15053

TAPI stopped working after Windows Creator's edition update

So others seeing the same which would suggest it was an issue with the driver and 1703.

Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:00 PM
  • I was thinking it was more an issue with the 1703 Build as it worked before, Not sure what Microsoft changed so the drivers no longer work.
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:15 PM
  • Hi,

Have you contact Allworx to see if any new released driver for Windows 10 1703?

If no, what if you roll back to old version of the driver in Windows 10 1703?

If it doesn't resolve your issue, please roll back to previous build for a workaround. And wait for new driver release.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 26, 2017 6:46 AM
  • Ok thanks, I also sent them a message but have not heard back,

I have tried an older Version 2.2.6.0 but have the same issues.

I am unable to roll back as it has been to long.

Thanks

Tom

Friday, May 26, 2017 1:14 PM
  • Express VPN not working after upgrading to Win10

Another thread appears related. Post in the others threads get them to contact the providers.

Friday, May 26, 2017 6:36 PM
  • Another option for trying to resolve TAPI driver issues.

In the Phone and Modem, add:

• Microsoft Windows Remote Service Provider

Remove your TSP driver, then re-add TSP driver.

This has so far worked for me on the 1703 update with the Allworx TSP driver 3.0.0.0

• Proposed as answer by touche Monday, July 24, 2017 8:25 PM
    Monday, July 3, 2017 2:08 PM
  • Another option for trying to resolve TAPI driver issues.

In the Phone and Modem, add:

• Microsoft Windows Remote Service Provider

Remove your TSP driver, then re-add TSP driver.

This has so far worked for me on the 1703 update with the Allworx TSP driver 3.0.0.0

This worked for us.  Very weird, but this is definitely the fix.  Thanks.

Monday, July 24, 2017 8:25 PM
  • Did you get any update on this? I have the same issue on certain builds after 1703 and with certain TSPs. Something changed on windows, perhaps a permission? But I am having trouble getting the TSP developer to provide support to debug their TSP
    Monday, January 22, 2018 3:38 AM
  • Same issue here.  I can get it to work for a short period of time using the methods listed here by others, but eventually it stops working again and have to go through uninstalling/reinstalling/re configuring and it just stops again after a short period of time (a few days usually).
    Monday, February 19, 2018 6:02 PM
  • Old thread - but I'm hoping someone has some info. Allworx phones with Windows 10 latest version 1709.

I can do the trick to add the Microsoft Windows Remote Service Provider, remove the Allworx TSP and add it back, then TAPI in our 3rd party software shows up and can be set.  But after a reboot of the PC, the 3rd party software acts like the TAPI is not there anymore.  I can repeat the removal of the RSP and TSP and put them back and all is good until the next reboot.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:53 PM