none
Hyper-V “Portal” RRS feed

• General discussion

• There was said a lot about “Portals”. Portals are wiki pages that contain no valuable info other then iner-wiki links to more specific topics related to some generic feature, product or technology. They work as entry poinst or hubs or whatever you call it.

It's obvious we need such a “Portal” for Hyper-V. The page should be called just “Hyper-V” so we could easily reference to it from everywhere we mention [[Hyper-V]]. There is a couble of gotchas with it.

Currently there is a page called “Hyper” but it's something weird. Looks like a reserved page that is blocked for editing.

Also “Hyper-V” title still works as a redirect to “浅谈Hyper-V Security 的安全性!~ (zh-tw)”. This is something highly unexpectable for new users and undesirable.

I suppose we should take this page and convert it to Hyper-V portal by just renaming it.
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:01 PM

All replies

• Good points. I have pinged Sean about the first topic, and renamed the last one. I don't understand what you mean about the "redirect" for the chinese article? What is the corrective action that needs to be done?
    tony soper
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:48 AM
  • I don't understand what you mean about the "redirect" for the chinese article? What is the corrective action that needs to be done?

There's two obvious ways to refer to “just Hyper-V”.

Currently both ways would bring you to the Chinese article, and this behavior is terribly wrong. I strongly believe they should bring us to Hyper-V Portal instead.

Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:45 AM
  • The issue here is under investigation. Thanks for flagging it.

tony soper
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 6:51 PM