none
Capture missing from Task Sequence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know I must be missing something painfully obvious with this one, but I'm failing to work it out...

I am in the process of creating a new Win10 image. I have created the reference image in Hyper-V and created a snapshot so as I can update in future without having to go through the install again. What I now plan to do is create a task which is Sysprep and Capture only, so as all I have to do is boot the VM, run LiteTouch.vbs and let the Task Sequence do it's thing.

I have created a new Task Sequence of Sysprep and Capture, this shows up when I run LiteTouch.vbs, but once selected, I do not get the 'Capture' step in the sequence. I have tried the following - 

- Ensure SkipCapture=NO is present in the Rules tab for the deployment share and the LiteTouch.iso media
    - There is NO domain/workgroup info in either Rules tab (nor has there ever been)
    - Added 'DoCapture=YES' to both rules tabs

At present, my customsettings.ini looks like:

Media:

[Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipCapture=NO
    DoCapture=YES
    SkipAdminPassword=NO
    SkipDomainMembership=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES

Deployment Share:

[Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipCapture=NO
    DoCapture=YES
    SkipDomainMembership=YES
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=YES
    SkipBitLocker=YES

They're not matching at the moment as it's in a state of flux whilst I try to work out why I can't see the Sysprep step.

Any thoughts/solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:29 PM

Answers

• Thanks Daniel!

I stumbled across the answer here - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e4418f2d-cf0b-4a76-8f2d-8f776d004c24/capture-image-is-missing-from-mdt-8443?forum=mdt

this morning. Should've searched harder! 

Friday, January 13, 2017 9:24 AM

All replies

• If you're using MDT 8443 it's a bug. One workaround is to use an older version of MDT to do the capture.

Cheers,

Daniel

Friday, January 13, 2017 7:40 AM
  • Thanks Daniel!

I stumbled across the answer here - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e4418f2d-cf0b-4a76-8f2d-8f776d004c24/capture-image-is-missing-from-mdt-8443?forum=mdt

this morning. Should've searched harder! 

Friday, January 13, 2017 9:24 AM