none
Upgrading DPM 2007 to 2010, Enterprise or Standard? RRS feed

• Question

• I see there are 2 versions available to download, standard and enterprise.

Do I need the enterprise or standard to upgrade my primary and secondary DPM 2007 servers?

Thanks.

Thursday, June 3, 2010 6:58 PM

Answers

• I think I found the answer...

Standard DPML
    A server where you only protect files or system state will cost you 1 standard DPML

Enterprise DPML
    A server where you protect application workloads such as exchange, sql, sharepoint, Bare Metal Recovery or DPM2DPM4DR (DPM to DPM for Disaster Recovery, more on that in part 5: Disaster recovery and advanced scenarios)

Thursday, June 3, 2010 10:03 PM
  • There is no difference in DPM server. But the difference is in the Client/Agent licenses as said above:

Standard DPM Client/Agent L
    A server where you only protect files or system state will cost you 1 standard DPML

Enterprise DPM Client/Agent L
    A server where you protect application workloads such as exchange, sql, sharepoint, Bare Metal Recovery or DPM2DPM4DR (DPM to DPM for Disaster Recovery, more on that in part 5: Disaster recovery and advanced scenarios)

Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, June 4, 2010 6:06 AM

All replies

• I think I found the answer...

Standard DPML

Enterprise DPML

Thursday, June 3, 2010 10:03 PM
  • There is no difference in DPM server. But the difference is in the Client/Agent licenses as said above:

Standard DPM Client/Agent L

Enterprise DPM Client/Agent L

Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, June 4, 2010 6:06 AM