none
DPM 2010 stoped taking backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have been taking a backup to tape every day and have enough room on the tapes for the backup. it appears to hang when it gets scheduled backups, asked. So Im trying to track down the issue, in the event log I get when it fails:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status: Inactive Tape Library : Hewlett Packard 1x8 G2 autoloader (x64 based) Description: Job requires tape that is not available in the library (ID: 3315)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The back up to tape job failed for the following reason: (ID: 3311) The job was cancelled. The user either cancelled the job or modified the associated protection group. (ID: 908)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i got related topic saying it can be resolved by "regedit" prompting timeout should be configured by the registry entry “PromptingTimeOut” under “HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\1.0\Prompting” but i am unable to find Prompting registry under 1.0....any help?

• Edited by sunnnyy Tuesday, February 5, 2013 5:43 AM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 5:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

******** SET FOR 24 HRS  ADJUST  ACCORDINGLY *****

1) Save the below in notepad and save as promptingtimeout.reg
    2) Right-click and select merge or open with registry editor option to have it added to the registry.
    3) Stop the DPMRA service:   Net stop DPMRA

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\1.0\Prompting]
    "PromptingTimeOut"=dword:05265c00

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 8, 2013 12:38 AM