My Office programs won't open.... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I currently have Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus installed but whenever I try opening any of the programs nothing shows up. I already tried going to control panel and using the repair function and even tried fully reinstalling all the programs. Neither option has worked. If I go to task manager the only Microsoft Office related programs I see are "Microsoft Office Click-To-Run (SxS)" & "Microsoft Office Click-To-Run Client".

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 1:31 AM

All replies

• Hello, I currently have Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus installed but whenever I try opening any of the programs nothing shows up.

Are you able to open any Office documentations with a double-click?

What if you try to launch, for example, Outlook client in safe mode? This will help to determine whether the issue was caused by any installed third party add-ins.

Press Win + R and type "outlook.exe /safe" in the blank box, then press Enter.

Also, before you reinstall the program, make sure to run the following mentioned easy fix tool to completely remove it from your computer:

Option 2 - Completely uninstall Office 2016 with the easy fix tool - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 7:20 AM
  • Hi,

How is it going? Just checking to see if the information above is helpful for you. Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 5, 2018 3:43 AM