none
Outlook prompting for credentials

Question

• So I've been having this issue with outlook prompting for credentials for the last few months.  

Our current set up is a cloud hosted Office 365 exchange.  We have no local domain as everyone is on workgroup.  All of the PCs have Office 2016 installed on them.  

The issue we are having is that every single person within the company is prompted on a regular basis (multiple times a day) for their credentials.  This issue is not just on their workstations.  This issue occurs on all devices that have their outlook profile set up.  It also occurs on any network that they connect to including work, home, hotels, local coffee shops, ETC.  

We have checked network settings locally to ensure that the signal is not lacking.  I have set each profile up to remember credentials and stay logged in.  

On the one profile, we disabled all Com Add Ins which corrected the issue for roughly two weeks but the issue has returned.  I was informed by Microsoft that these Add ins were no longer supported.  We are also having an issue with sharepoint staying logged in which causes issues with employees being able to access the quick link in their file explorer to the sharepoint site.  I'm not sure if these issues are related.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are running out of ideas. 

BTW: Clearing credential manager and creating a new outlook profile have not corrected this issue. 

Friday, November 10, 2017 7:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Bobby,

Based on your description, it seems that the issue happens to every users in your company. Have you checked the Autodiscover service for Office 365 Exchange configuration?

Please use the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer tool to test it:
    https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com

Click Office 365 tab, select Outlook Connectivity or Outlook Autodiscover, Next to test it.

If the issue is related to the Autodsicover service connection, it is better to ask a question in Exchange Online forum for more help:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/home?forum=onlineservicesexchange

If there is no issue with Autodiscover service test results, please check your Add-ins settings, start Outlook in safe mode to check if the issue persists. Also check any proxy settings, Firewall configuration for affected machine.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 8:49 AM