Multiple Keyboards With Multiple Languages RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working for a French company and need to use French keyboard all the time. I do however keep my "querty" keyboard plugged in as well, since "azerty" (the French official layout) is not my favorite.
    I would like to know if there is a feature or programming/scripting solution, allowing Windows to automatically switch between languages depending on the keyboard from which we are inputting the text.

This way, instead of having to change the language every time I need to type a French mail, I would just pull out my French keyboard (comfortably located on the lower drawer of my desk) and start typing while Windows seemingly passes to the pre-configured language for that keyboard.

I am a J2EE developer with some .NET and Win32 knowledge so do not be afraid to go technical :)
    Thank you very much for your attention.

Best Regards,
    Alexander Kirilov

• Edited by Alexander KIRILOV Thursday, January 22, 2015 2:57 PM copy paste from word strange characters
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 2:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Alexander,

I have no idea of making it automatically when change a physical keyboard ,but we can set it by simply pressing “Ctrl +0” to change the language .

Control Panel \All Control Panel Items\Region and Language\Keyboards and Languages\Change keyboards\General

Add the French language here and set the keyboard for it ,and then set a hot keys for it (for example “Ctrl +0” ).Now we can easily switch to French by pressing “Ctrl +0” when we plug in our physical keyboard.

Best regards

• Proposed as answer by Yolanda Zhu Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Thursday, January 29, 2015 9:33 AM
    Friday, January 23, 2015 9:48 AM