none
SteadyState 2.5: System Tray RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know which restriction setting needs to be selected or deselected so that application that run in the system tray appear?  One thing I have noticed is that since I installed Windows SteadyState 2.5, all of my tray application no longer appear.  In fact, the only item that appears in the system tray is the clock.

We have several items which run in the system tray which the users need to have access to. I need to have the ability to display these so that the users know the applications are running.

Thanks,

Joe

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 8:44 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Joe, this restriction is under User Settings -> Windows Restrictions -> General Restrictions -> Prevent access to Windows Explorer features: Folder Options, Customize Toolbar, and the Notification Area.

Thursday, July 3, 2008 8:54 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Joe, this restriction is under User Settings -> Windows Restrictions -> General Restrictions -> Prevent access to Windows Explorer features: Folder Options, Customize Toolbar, and the Notification Area.

Thursday, July 3, 2008 8:54 AM
  • Sean,

Thanks for the response.  That did the trick. 

I am still trying to figure out the answer to my other post regarding a restrictions pop-up when a new user first logs in.

Also, is there any documentation regarding Windows SteadyState 2.5 that details all of the checkbox settings?

Joe

Thursday, July 3, 2008 1:40 PM