Failed to update data source credentials RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have to following problem: I use Power Bi to create a report, the data is coming from on-premises SharePoint list. I'm able to successfully publish the report, but when I tried to schedule a refresh of the data set, I'm getting this error:

I read that in this hybrid scenario I need "On-premises data gateway". Installed it, set it up, but the problem still occurs.

Could not find any solution on the internet that could help me.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 2:45 PM

Answers

• Hello Dean_Wang,

I tried to move the post to the appropriate place but actually is not possible after it is created.

Maybe you can think about improving this option.

Btw. the issue is fixed. It was caused by On-premises data gateway and data source, they should be equal, in my case I was using HTTP in one place and HTTPS on another place.

Will be good to keep this post, so it could be helpful for other that face the same issue.

Kind Regards

Aleksandar Pavlov

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Dean_Wang Friday, March 30, 2018 2:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aleksandar Pavlov Tuesday, April 3, 2018 11:53 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in TechNet forum.

This forum is for issue about SharePoint. Since the issue is more relative to the Server, I suggest you post it to PowerBI forum: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/bd-p/power-bi-web-app

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:28 AM
  • Hello Dean_Wang,

I tried to move the post to the appropriate place but actually is not possible after it is created.

Maybe you can think about improving this option.

Btw. the issue is fixed. It was caused by On-premises data gateway and data source, they should be equal, in my case I was using HTTP in one place and HTTPS on another place.

Will be good to keep this post, so it could be helpful for other that face the same issue.

Kind Regards

Aleksandar Pavlov

• Proposed as answer by Dean_Wang Friday, March 30, 2018 2:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aleksandar Pavlov Tuesday, April 3, 2018 11:53 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 9:46 AM
  • Hi Aleksandar,

Since SharePoint and PowerBI are in different communities, it's not supported to move post to another.

Thanks for sharing your solution. You can mark your reply as answer, it would help those who meet the same issue to figure out the solution easily.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 30, 2018 2:52 AM