none
MS Project 2013 - Identify/Highlight Task Changes in "Last 7 days" - Possible? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Is there a filter or macro that I can utilize where I can track the changes made to the plan for the last week? I'm challenged at the moment with multiple people changing the plan; and short of removing access, I'd like to understand all the changes made so I can review.
    Friday, October 16, 2015 10:57 PM

All replies

• GarageKid --

I hate to challenge you even more, but there is no default feature in the software that will allow you to see the changes made to a project in the last week.  I would NEVER allow multiple people to edit a project, so I would recommend you stop this practice immediately and take full control of this project.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Saturday, October 17, 2015 12:50 AM
  • Appreciate the response and I completely agree with you. However, this situation is a shared (non-project server) project plan. Each channel's pjm makes a copy, and send through their updates to the PjM, from there the PjM updates the main project plan which is available for read only to all.

Maybe there is another method I'm unaware of that could make this more efficient.

Monday, October 19, 2015 4:45 PM
  • Hi 

The only idea i can come up with that does not include a development that i am not sure if possible is to "assign" any user that updates the project with a specific baseline.

Baseline0 will be saved once a week fer reference.

Let's say there are 4 users:  You, User A, User B, User C.

Each user will make the changes and set his baseline to show that there were changes done by him.

You will set Baseline1 daily for each change you make.

User A will set Baseline2.

User B will set Baseline3.

User C will set Baseline4.

And you will also have 

Then, you can create a view with a new table that is showing the tasks with BL 1-4 fields (BL start, Finish, duration) and then you can compare the Baseline0 dates and duration and see which tasks changed and who changed it.

For example:  

Task X Baseline Start date is different than Task X Baseline2 --> you can tell that User A changed the task.

Task Y Baseline Finish is different than Task Y Baseline 1 and Baseline 2 --> You and User A changed the task.

You can also know the latest time each user changed the tasks by the last baseline saved date.

Ofir Marco , MCTS P.Z. Projects

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:35 AM