Re-imaged computer will not install client RRS feed

• Question

• Currently setting up SCCM 2012 and testing out within IT.  I re-imaged a test box and the box was still showing in SCCM that it had the client so I deleted the device from SCCM.  Now that it has been re-discovered I get an error when trying to install the client.  Any ideas?  Also, what is the proper work flow when re-imaging a PC with SCCM when it shows the client is still on the PC?

Thanks!

Chris

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 1:43 PM

All replies

• You just have to make sure that the client is member of a collection where an OSD task seequence is advertised to. No need to delete the object from ConfigMgr before.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 1:56 PM
  • We aren't using OSD yet.  We use MDT 2012 with WDS currently.

So how do I get this PC to take the client?  It will not see it.  Show I take it off the domain, delete from both AD and SCCM and re join or there some DNS issues that are keeping it from taking the client?

Thanks!

Chris

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 4:59 PM
  • Is the client in the right OU since it was reimaged?

Firewall?

Does the client fall in the right boundary still?

Can you access the Admin$ share on the client?

what does the CCM log show?

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:17 PM
  • CMM Log is saying this:

The device  does not exist on the network. Giving up~  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><10-02-2012 14:02:08.242+240><thread=3652 (0xE44)>

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 6:27 PM
  • What is the Rearm count on the system? slmgr /dlv<o:p></o:p>

If it's 0 that might indicate the problem. I had a similar issue (client would not install) with clone deployments. Had to create a new image.<o:p></o:p>

Bryan

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 2:57 PM
  • Weird, my rearm count is 1000.  It's Windows 8 Enterprise through our KMS.  I've added the client to my main computer which is Windows 8 also so it's not 8.
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:40 PM
  • Chris,

I am seeing this same behavior. The SCCM client installs fine when the machine is initially imaged. However the client does NOT install on a machine that is reimaged. The SCCM client is listed as Inactive. However, the last logon updates appropriately...

Very weird. any updates?

Cheers!

Davis

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:37 PM