none
Internal website error for one user RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the middle of creating our own website but have come across a problem. On our home page, we have a link that leads to another page. All our users can click the link and go to the next page apart from one. Lets call the server "webserver" and a user with access "user1" and the user without access, "user2". If user 1 uses his desktop computer, he can go on the site (goes to ip address of webserver, site is only internal at present) and he clicks the link and moves to the next page. User 1 moves to the webserver and does the same thing.

User 2 then goes to the webserver ip from his desktop machine. It goes to the homepage fine. When he clicks the link though, it doesn't move on. Instead, it refreshes the homepage. So he moves to the webserver and logs on as himself, and tries from there. However, the same thing happens. The link just refreshes the homepage.

All other users can click the link fine and move to the next page without a problem.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:53 PM

Answers

• My apologies, its actually on server 2003 64bit. That is hosting IIS. However, SBS 2011 is our domain controller, exchange server etc. I'm guessing it could be a problem with the user name and therefore is still related to SBS but could be a problem with the 2003 server.

Not referring to company website. We are building a website in the wwwroot folder.

any thoughts or suggestions??

So the issue lies in IIS based website, right? If the issue only occurs there, I'd recommend you post the issue to IIS forum via the following link:

http://forums.iis.net/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, October 24, 2011 8:34 AM

All replies

• What version of SBS? Are you referring to the built in company website?

Steve

<Miles_F> wrote in message news:91a24195-7fb3-4f69-9e47-c944fcbc3777@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

We are in the middle of creating our own website but have come across a problem. On our home page, we have a link that leads to another page. All our users can click the link and go to the next page apart from one. Lets call the server "webserver" and a user with access "user1" and the user without access, "user2". If user 1 uses his desktop computer, he can go on the site (goes to ip address of webserver, site is only internal at present) and he clicks the link and moves to the next page. User 1 moves to the webserver and does the same thing.

User 2 then goes to the webserver ip from his desktop machine. It goes to the homepage fine. When he clicks the link though, it doesn't move on. Instead, it refreshes the homepage. So he moves to the webserver and logs on as himself, and tries from there. However, the same thing happens. The link just refreshes the homepage.

All other users can click the link fine and move to the next page without a problem.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:21 PM
  • Do you mean RWW/companyweb or use SBS SharePoint to host a new website?
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, October 21, 2011 8:46 AM
  • My apologies, its actually on server 2003 64bit. That is hosting IIS. However, SBS 2011 is our domain controller, exchange server etc. I'm guessing it could be a problem with the user name and therefore is still related to SBS but could be a problem with the 2003 server.

Not referring to company website. We are building a website in the wwwroot folder.

Friday, October 21, 2011 12:31 PM

So the issue lies in IIS based website, right? If the issue only occurs there, I'd recommend you post the issue to IIS forum via the following link:

http://forums.iis.net/

Monday, October 24, 2011 8:34 AM