Task Bar Auto Hide Not working RRS feed

• Question

• Since upgrading to Windows 10, the auto hide function of my Task Bar has ceased to function.  I have it set for the bottom of the screen, and I have tried moving the Task bar to the top, right, and left with the same results.  The Task Bar shows on the screen all the time.  It is not set as being locked.  The auto hide feature is checked in the Task bar properties.  Suggestions other than "de-upgrading" back to 8.1?
    Friday, August 14, 2015 2:00 AM

Answers

• Hi 62Skeeter,

Please navigate to the following registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2

Configure it as this and restart the machine to have a check.

If the issue persists, please perform a clean boot to verify whether this issue is caused by specific software. Some programs` notifications may disable this feature.
    Clean boot (It is also be applied to Windows 10)
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

We also could try to create a new account to have a check.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, August 16, 2015 6:29 AM

All replies

• Hi 62Skeeter,

Please navigate to the following registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2

Configure it as this and restart the machine to have a check.

If the issue persists, please perform a clean boot to verify whether this issue is caused by specific software. Some programs` notifications may disable this feature.
    Clean boot (It is also be applied to Windows 10)
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

We also could try to create a new account to have a check.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, August 16, 2015 6:29 AM
  • Looking at the screen shown in the Solution - It DOES NOT reflect what one actually finds. The path ends with StuckRects2, while the screen shows StuckRects3.

My systems shows BOTH 2 & 3

Because the path and the screen shown I will not make any changes; but that still does not solve the issue

Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:00 PM
  • Looking at the screen shown in the Solution - It DOES NOT reflect what one actually finds. The path ends with StuckRects2, while the screen shows StuckRects3.

My systems shows BOTH 2 & 3

Because the path and the screen shown I will not make any changes; but that still does not solve the issue

Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:00 PM