Should I install PDF iFilter to fix the "mssdmn.exe 100% CPU usage"? RRS feed

• Question

• I have the same problem explained in thread in 2009 :"mssdmn.exe stuck at 100% CPU usage" a suggestion was, "....I suggest you contacted Adobe and installed the latest PDF iFilter." I checked the Adobe site. It says that the iFilter is included in version 9 that I have. What is the best way to solve this issue? Reinstall the Adobe reader 9? I checked the update to be current. Also, a suggestion recommended this link:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/941274. The below issue persistent while they were supposed to be fixed in the sp1. 1-A full crawl to crawl .pdf files may stop unexpectedly when an .ocn file is embedded in a .pdf file 2-When a full crawl is performed to crawl .pdf files in a SharePoint Server 2007 site collection, the crawl may stop unexpectedly. Additionally, CPU usage may increase to 100 percent. This issue may occur when an .ocn file is embedded in a .pdf file. Memory usage for the OSearch process increases every time that a crawl is run 3-Every time that a crawl is run to crawl site collections, memory usage for the OSearch process (Msssearch.exe) increases. It takes longer than expected to open an item or to save changes to an item in a custom list 4-When you try to edit or to save changes to an item in a custom list, it takes longer than expected to open the item or to save the changes. What do you recommend?
    Sara
    Friday, January 28, 2011 9:52 PM

Answers