Skype for Business randomly disconnects RRS feed

• Question

• We have multiple users in our organization that report their skype for business clients are either disconnection periodically throughout the day, or the application grays out and says not responding for a few seconds multiple times per day.

We use our own skype for business 2015 server that is in-house. All of our computers are using the skype for business 2016 client from the office 2016 package. (Note: we do have a few computers on office 2019, using skype for business 2019. These users are effected too). We have tried multiple fixes already as we have been reading through Microsoft skype for businss forms. We have tried logging these users completely out of Skype, deleting their sign in information, and then deleting their tracing + sip folders, and having the user log back in to recreate the folders. 

I have tried to look at the log files to see if I could find the issue, but this file is generating around 700,000 lines of warnings/errors and nothing sticks out to much to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 6:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Tannerd101,

Based on my research, this issue is more related to the SFB client, please try to update the SFB client to the latest version, then try to check this issue again. You could download the latest update for SFB 2016 client from the following link: Skype for Business 2016 Client Update List: March 2019

If this issue also occurs after you update the SFB client, please try to delete the cache files and log files under the path: %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync, then replicate the problem. After this, please take a look at the logs, the log path as below: %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\Tracing\Lync-UccApi-0.UccApilog

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 28, 2019 2:02 AM
  • This update was already accepted via wsus, and when I manually try to appy it, I get "The update is already installed on this system". I've already tried clearing the cache multiple times as I went through every Skype for business post I could find before I posted. When it comes to the logs, is there something specific I should be looking for in there? I've looked over the logs before but nothing sticks out.
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:18 PM
  • Hi Tannerd101,

If you have updated the SFB client to the latest version, and in the SFB client logs you could not find any thing for this issue. You could also try to check whether there’re some Event errors in the FE Servers. In addition, you could also try to collect the network logs when this issue occurs. Please also mark sure your SFB environment meet the network requirements in the official document.  

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, April 2, 2019 6:44 AM
    Monday, April 1, 2019 9:30 AM
  • Hi Tannerd101,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 6:18 AM
  • I went through the event viewer just now and its looking like we are getting flooded with Windows Fabric errors, I just applied a internal CA for the certificate errors. But as far as the client side skype for business logs, are all errors that are listed in that log important? I've done multiple searches on these errors and have yet to find anything on them.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:47 PM
  • Hi Tannerd101,

According to your description, please check the SFB services in the SFB Servers, make sure all the services are running. 

In addition, if you could not find anything in the SFB client logs. Please use Fiddler to check the login process when the SFB client disconnect. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Monday, April 8, 2019 7:52 AM
  • Will continue to look into and note if I find the cause.
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 8:49 PM
  • I believe I found the issue, I haven't resolved it but it looks like a handshake issue

04/25/2019|09:59:57.479 6AC:33C INFO  :: Data Received -xx.x.x.110:5061 (To Local Address: xxx.xxx.0.10:52451) 933 bytes:
    04/25/2019|09:59:57.479 6AC:33C INFO  :: SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized
    Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 13:59:57 GMT
    WWW-Authenticate: NTLM realm="SIP Communications Service", targetname="SFB.domain.com", version=4
    WWW-Authenticate: Kerberos realm="SIP Communications Service", targetname="sip/SFB.domain.com", version=4
    WWW-Authenticate: TLS-DSK realm="SIP Communications Service", targetname="SFB.domain.com", version=4, sts-uri="https://sfb.domain.com:443/CertProv/CertProvisioningService.svc"
    From: <sip:acall@domin.com>;tag=ee4fcd179a;epid=208fc065e6
    To: <sip:GC-1-PersistentChatService-5@domain.com>;epid=41DBE8928B;tag=ebbaacf2b3
    Call-ID: bb7923228e6a452b8fe9a0f1b498c23c
    CSeq: 14 BYE
    Via: SIP/2.0/TLS xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:52451;ms-received-port=52451;ms-received-cid=67300
    ms-diagnostics: 1000;reason="Final handshake failed";HRESULT="0xC3E93EC3(SIP_E_AUTH_UNAUTHORIZED)";source="SFB.domaini.com"
    Server: RTC/6.0
    Content-Length: 0

04/25/2019|09:59:57.479 6AC:33C INFO  :: End of Data Received -xx.x.x.xxx:5061 (To Local Address: xxx.xxx.x.xx:52451) 933 bytes

Thursday, April 25, 2019 5:54 PM
  • Any luck?  We have a similar problem with our hosted Skype?
    Friday, April 26, 2019 1:59 PM
  • None yet, I believe it's a problem with kerberos and NTLM conflicting, but we haven't had time to go deeper into testing yet. Will note when we do
    Friday, April 26, 2019 9:45 PM