Outlook 365 refuses to show one of my folders. RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday I received an important email and when I read it I put it in the appropriate folder. Today I haven't been able to find the folder. The folder name still show up when I click "move to" but it will not show up any other way. Someone please tell me how to make it visible again.

Jay Wells

• Moved by Perry-Pan Thursday, May 9, 2019 1:31 AM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Jay Wells,

Can you see this folder on the web mail? Please press Ctrl + 6 and see if you see it in the folder list.

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

We can first try /resetfolders command line switch to restore missing folders for the default delivery location.

To do this, please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type “outlook.exe /resetfolders”(without quotes) and then press Enter.

According to my research, this could also be related with Hardware Acceleration. Please go to File > Options > Advanced. Under Display section, check “Disable Hardware Acceleration”. Restart Outlook to see if it helps.

If folder is still invisible, I’d like to recommend you create a new profile to check the results.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, May 9, 2019 1:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by meamjw Thursday, May 9, 2019 2:19 AM
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 1:31 AM