Cloud Connector-Install-ccInstance fails at edge setup:exportedConfig.zip doesn't exist on local server RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to set up a new cloud connector, but when the Install-CCInstance gets to the edge setup, I get the error that exportedconfig.zip doesn't exist on the local server:

Exporting configuration from the Central Management Store as byte and piping it to the Import-CsConfiguration cmdlet.

C:\CloudConnector\Scripts\exportedConfig.zip doesn't exist on local server.

At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\CloudConnector\Internal\MtSetup.ps1:372 char:31
    +             } -ArgumentList @($vmSharedFolder, $scriptsFolderName, $serverRole,  ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (C:\CloudConnect...n local server.:String) [], RuntimeException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : C:\CloudConnector\Scripts\exportedConfig.zip doesn't exist on local server.

I've set the base directory to be d:\cloudConnector, and the other VMs are setting up correctly, but this is stalling the setup.  Is it possible something is hard coded to the C drive?  I've started checking the installed scripts, but haven't found anything yet. Anyone else run into the same issue?

Also, is there no way to resume a failed install?  It gets through the first 13 steps successfully, but if I try to run again, it deletes all the existing VMs.  There looks to be a SkipExistingObjects parameter, but specifying $true for this fails. 

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

To this issue, please do the following steps for troubleshooting:

1. Make sure all SFB services are running on Edge server, then run Install-CsDatabase and Enable-CsComputer
    2. Then run the following cmdlet to uninstall all existing virtual machines on host server:Uninstall-CcInstance
    3. Update the CloudConnector.ini file in the Appliance Directory.
    4. Run the following cmdlet to install Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition:Install-CcInstance

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 8:34 AM
  • The problem is that the edge install never completed, so the edge services can't be started, and besides that, getting them running and then removing the VMs seems kind of pointless. 

What I did end up doing was blowing the entire thing away and starting from scratch, and somehow the edge services got further on, but still didn't install successfully (this time it had an issue with the certificate).  I manually installed that, and had to set the IP/gateway on the internet adapter manually, and that seemed to allow me to at least start everything.  There doesn't appear to be any way to resume an installation using the scripts-the first phase of Install-ccinstance deletes all the existing VMs. 

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Friday, March 3, 2017 9:00 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2017 1:36 PM
  • Hi Chris,

Did you mean this issue has been solved?

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:16 AM
  • Hi Chris.

We have the same problem, how you could solve it?

Best regards

Max

Saturday, March 4, 2017 10:08 AM