The Microsoft Exchange Administrator has made a change that requires you quit and restart Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I just migrate from Exchange 2007 to exchange 2013. Last night I migrated the Public Folder and this morning it keeps popping in outlook the following message. I closed and reset outlook twice but it keeps coming back.

"Microsoft Exchange Administrator has made a change that requires you quit and restart Outlook"

Please for assistance.

Raphael

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Tell us more about your Exchange 2013 environment.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:32 PM
  • The issue seems to be the same as I find in below mentioned thread. Please check this out and let me know if you find this helpful. It has been suggested some appropriate solution and user is not getting popup again : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/b3102064-0408-4634-a18a-2af5057eb271/the-microsoft-exchange-administrator-has-made-a-change-that-requires-you-quit-and-restart-outlook?forum=outlook
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

To remove the warning from the Outlook clients, I recommend the following resolution:
    1. Recreate the Outlook profile
    2. Restart the the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service

If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.
    Thanks,

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:24 AM
  • We had the same error show up after a MS Exchange Schema update. The msExchHomePublicMDB attribute for our mailbox databases was referencing deleted/invalid Public Folders.

After clearing the value and waiting for AD replication, the issue went away.

You can view/clear this in ADSI edit. You'll need to connect to the Configuration context. The DN of the mailbox databases is something like this:
    CN=Databases,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=domain,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 3:28 AM