none
Project Server - Creating a new user using SAML RRS feed

• Question

• Issue

The people picker yields two different results when querying for users using SharePoint's people picker versus when querying for users in the "user logon account" field when creating a new Project Server user.

Here's the scenario:

The web application where PWA is configured has two zones:

• Default Zone used Trusted Identity Provider only (SAML) and Claim Provider is the default out-of-box one (No Custom Claim Provider)
    • Intranet Zone use Windows Authentication only

Repro steps:

• Go to PWA - Server Settings - Manage Users
    • Click on New User button
    • On the web page, click the "Share" button on the right located in the top SharePoint ribbon.
    • In the "Share" dialog window, type in the name of a user you wan to share the site with
    • The result will list only one entry (as expected). The name of the user you entered is not resolve against any directory either (as expected). No other result such as users from Active Directory are returned (as expected)
    • Cancel/Exit the "Share" dialog window and return to the New User form
    • In the New User form, type in the name of a user in the User Logon Account textbox
    • I am expecting the list to display the exact same content as the list returned by the people picker in the "Share" dialog window but it does not Instead, it returns additional users, such as Active Directory users which it should not...

My question is:

• Is the people picker in the New User form different than the SharePoint people picker?
    • If yes, how can I configure the project server people picker to look at my Trusted Identity Claim Provider only?

Thanks,

J-F

Jean-François Guertin Entreprise Solution Architect Collaborum Services Conseils Inc | 1-581-997-4911 | jfguertin@collaborum.com Certifications Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 - 2010 Windows SharePoint Services 3.0

Saturday, January 25, 2014 12:18 AM