none
Journaling emails are showing "X-MS-Exchange-Organization-Rules-Execution-History" in the headers. RRS feed

• Question

• Friends, 

I have Exchange 2010 Multi tenanted messaging solution. Recently we applied journaling by creating  journal rule. 

I wanted to journal emails which are belongs to specific domain and those email should be forwarded to archiving system. 

Everything is working fine but the issue ...

"X-MS-Exchange-Organization-Rules-Execution-History" attribute is getting attached in the Email headers of journal emails. 

Same is checked on archiving system and gathered Email headers. 

Now all transport rules are showing there and i want to hide that information. Can any suggest what to do to hide this info in the headers?  

Thanks, Chinmay.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 5:16 PM

Answers

• Hey Beverly,

No further help require. 

I have decided to change the name of the rules. By doing this, only Rule1, Rule2..etc is showing as contents in the email headers. 

Also found the solution by which we can change the permissions but as changing the names of transport rules was easiest solution I go ahead with that. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/header-firewall-exchange-2013-help?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Thanks for your suggestions. 

Thanks, Chinmay.

• Marked as answer by Chinmayjoshi25 Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:34 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Chinmayjoshi25,

X-MS-Exchange-Organization-Rules-Execution-History header is used to tell us all rules that triggered on the message. This header is stripped on messages before they are delivered to mailboxes. So you can only see this for messages in the quarantine. Are your journal emails in a quarantine mailbox?

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 29, 2019 8:51 AM
  • Hello Beverly Gao, 

We have enabled journling to forward emails to archiving system. Archiving system is non microsoft solution. Emails are getting delivered to inbox. 

Only concern is email headers. Our internal exchange information is going outside as we have applied rule with meaning ful names. 

May be i will have to change the names of tranport tules. 

Thanks, Chinmay.

Friday, November 29, 2019 1:48 PM
  • Hi Chinmayjoshi25

I don't catch your point. You have decided to use a third-party archiving system that will store all your emails but you're worried about your rules information, really? A bit strange in my point of view.

Thanks,

Victor

Saturday, November 30, 2019 1:29 PM
  • Hey Victor, 

I am worried because name of the transport rules. Names value is containing actual Email ID or Numbers which i dont want to share publicly. Easy solution is change the names of transport rules but now i am planning to do hardening...

I am referring below article.   

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/header-firewall-exchange-2013-help?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Thanks, Chinmay.

Monday, December 2, 2019 2:11 PM
  • Hi Chinmay,

I think the bodies and attachments of archived emails contain much more valuable information than SMTP headers. Am I wrong? 

Monday, December 2, 2019 2:29 PM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?

If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:49 AM
  • Hey Beverly,

No further help require. 

I have decided to change the name of the rules. By doing this, only Rule1, Rule2..etc is showing as contents in the email headers. 

Also found the solution by which we can change the permissions but as changing the names of transport rules was easiest solution I go ahead with that. 

Thanks for your suggestions. 

Thanks, Chinmay.

• Marked as answer by Chinmayjoshi25 Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:34 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:34 PM