Office for Mac 2016 Rainbow wheel - RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I constantly get the rainbow wheel in Outlook.  Send/Receive, moving mail, going from mail to calendar, every action creates a rainbow wheel of 10secsonds - 30seconds.

<g class="gr_ gr_252 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="252" id="252">Suggestions ?</g>

Friday, February 23, 2018 1:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does the issue only happen to Outlook for Mac? How about other Office apps such as Word, Excel? Have you installed any updates recently?

Please restart Mac machine, then create a new profile for this account in Outlook to have a try:

1. From Finder, open the Applications folder.
    2. Ctrl+click or right-click Microsoft Outlook, and then click Show Package Contents.
    3. Open Contents > SharedSupport, and then double-click Outlook Profile Manager.
    4. Click  the Create a new profile button Add, and then type a name for the new profile.
    1. Select this new profile, click Set the default profile, and then click Set as Default.
    1. Restart Outlook and setup this account.

Confirm if the issue can be fixed in new profile.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 26, 2018 5:59 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?
    If my reply is helpful, please mark it as answer to close the thread. It will help other who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 2, 2018 10:14 AM