Fax Modems RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys i have a question... I have a data fax modem installed on this HP Pavillion that i bought late last year. i recently tried to use the fax feature and was told by the computer that this feature won't work with a 64-bit operating system. Is this a normal problem with Vista???

A word of advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

I know that the data fax modem failed to work on the Windows Vista x64. Please let me know if it is the case. If I have misunderstood your concern, please feel free to let me know.

May I know if the device worked well before? I also want to know the detail information about the device, such as brand, model, etc.

To make a device works properly, we should check if both the device and its driver are all compatible with the operating system. At this time, I would like to suggest the following:

1.    Please ensure that the device is compatible with Windows Vista x64. If you are not sure, you can contact the device manufacture for the detail information.

2.    Please ensure that the device driver is compatible with Windows Vista x64 and it is up-to-date.

Considering the issue is related to hardware, it is also recommended that you contact the device manufacture for help.

Hope the issue can be resolved soon. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Monday, March 30, 2009 3:25 AM