• Question

• Hello, I have an exchange server with 3 accepted domains:

domain1.com

domain2.com

domain3.com

all 3 domains works with domain1 MX record and autodiscover:

mail.domain1.com

autodiscover.domain1.com

Now my question is, should I have to buy a SAN certificate and include all the accepted domains ?  I was planning to put only mail.domain1.com and autodiscover.domain1.com in the SAN certificate but I saw that when I add and email account in outlook it advice that a secure connection can not be established with the server ( mail.domain1.com, autodiscover.domain1.com and also advice for domain1.com, domain2.com and domain3.com ). please let me know, thank you 

Friday, March 6, 2020 4:44 PM

Answers

• Hi mmm7654,

Are you using Outlook for Mac and receiving a waring like this:

What is shown when you click the "show cerfificate"? No certificate found?

If you're talking about using the same server for accepted domains, then you need to change your certificate to include all hostnames used by users to connect.

You can also have a try with configure SRV record to redirect:https://supertekboy.com/2016/05/17/using-srv-records-for-autodiscover/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by mmm7654 Monday, March 9, 2020 10:00 PM
    Monday, March 9, 2020 8:01 AM

All replies

• Hi

A wildcard might work better for you than having individual SAN certs.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, March 8, 2020 5:11 PM
  • Hi mmm7654,

Are you using Outlook for Mac and receiving a waring like this:

What is shown when you click the "show cerfificate"? No certificate found?

If you're talking about using the same server for accepted domains, then you need to change your certificate to include all hostnames used by users to connect.

You can also have a try with configure SRV record to redirect:https://supertekboy.com/2016/05/17/using-srv-records-for-autodiscover/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by mmm7654 Monday, March 9, 2020 10:00 PM
    Monday, March 9, 2020 8:01 AM
  • Hello Erick, thanks for you reply !

I try SRV configuration for AutoDiscover and it works! 

Thanks!

Monday, March 9, 2020 10:00 PM