SCOM on Large Dashboard TV RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

Can someone suggest a web site with instruction on how I can get several of our scom (scom 2012 R2  version SCOM 2012 R2 Update Rollup 13 ) dashboard's showing up on a web page and rotating from dashboard to dashboard ?

eg. I have a dashboard of the top 20 servers with low system disk volume 

I have a dashboard that show if Windows deployment server has fallen over

I have a dashboard that show all critical Anti Virus definition

Thanks

• Edited by Goce_D Tuesday, April 3, 2018 4:33 AM correct scom version
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 4:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Goce,

You can do this with PS script or Vb script:-

Here’s a way to do it. Start Internet Explorer and open each dashboard into its own TAB.

Then start a small powershell script that cycles through those different tabs. Make sure you set the focus on your Internet Explorer browser.

do
    {
    start-sleep -Milliseconds 15000
    [System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys]::SendWait(“^{TAB}”)
    }
    While ($i -ne 0)

or in vbscript

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject(“WScript.Shell”)
    Do While i=0
      WScript.Sleep(15000
      WshShell.SendKeys “^{TAB}”
    Loop

You are now actually using the SendKeys to initiate a Ctrl + Tab (like you can do manually) to cycle through the Ie Tabs.

I have open 3 tabs in Google chrome and then i have open powershell ise and run this script. when you want to stop this just click on stop button and it will stop doing this loop 

Please go this link for further Quick Win: An easy way to rotate through SCOM Dashboards

Or you can also create a web view dashboard with a new URL with "WEB VIEW WIDGET MP" 

It allows you to configure a URL to a web page, which will be loaded and displayed in the dashboard widget. Works in Operations Console and Web Console (with limited functionality). you can download it from here Web View Widget Management Pack for System Center 2012 Operations Manager

And one more thing for creating custom dashboard you can follow this link Introducing Operations Manager 2012 Dashboards.

Please let me know if you have still any issues

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

• Edited by GouravIN Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:41 AM
    • Proposed as answer by GouravIN Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Goce_D Wednesday, April 4, 2018 2:54 AM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Goce,

You can do this with PS script or Vb script:-

Here’s a way to do it. Start Internet Explorer and open each dashboard into its own TAB.

Then start a small powershell script that cycles through those different tabs. Make sure you set the focus on your Internet Explorer browser.

do
    {
    start-sleep -Milliseconds 15000
    [System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys]::SendWait(“^{TAB}”)
    }
    While ($i -ne 0)

or in vbscript

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject(“WScript.Shell”)
    Do While i=0
      WScript.Sleep(15000
      WshShell.SendKeys “^{TAB}”
    Loop

You are now actually using the SendKeys to initiate a Ctrl + Tab (like you can do manually) to cycle through the Ie Tabs.

I have open 3 tabs in Google chrome and then i have open powershell ise and run this script. when you want to stop this just click on stop button and it will stop doing this loop 

Please go this link for further Quick Win: An easy way to rotate through SCOM Dashboards

Or you can also create a web view dashboard with a new URL with "WEB VIEW WIDGET MP" 

It allows you to configure a URL to a web page, which will be loaded and displayed in the dashboard widget. Works in Operations Console and Web Console (with limited functionality). you can download it from here Web View Widget Management Pack for System Center 2012 Operations Manager

And one more thing for creating custom dashboard you can follow this link Introducing Operations Manager 2012 Dashboards.

Please let me know if you have still any issues

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

• Edited by GouravIN Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:41 AM
    • Proposed as answer by GouravIN Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Goce_D Wednesday, April 4, 2018 2:54 AM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:35 AM
  • You can use the SCOM web console (or even better, a third party tool like SquaredUp) and any screen rotation tool that you like, this is not really a SCOM question...

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:39 AM
  • thanks for the info I will look into it :) 
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 7:46 PM
  • thanks for the info I will look into it :) 
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 7:46 PM