This week in picture Library - Showing subfolders RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I have set up this week in picture web part. Now I pointed it to show images from say "Photolib" library. I wonder If I have my photos in a FOLDER of a library (e.g. Photolib/party) then how can we give path of the library - then how can we add it as a resource lib for this web part? (option under Slide Show >>Image Library Name)
    -Avinash!
    Monday, December 7, 2009 5:17 AM

Answers

• Hi, Avinash,

A simple workaround may be to create three Photo libraries and match them to three "this week in pictures" web parts.

Hi, Shrivallabh,
    "this week in pictures" is an out-of-the-box web part for News site. You can find information on how to setup the news site and the “this week in pictures” web part here:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointserver/HA101079761033.aspx

• Marked as answer by GuYuming Thursday, December 17, 2009 12:57 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 9:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Avinash,

You developed your own picture web part if i am not wrong.
    Can you elablorate  how you developed that so that i can tell you some thing more?
    So you wants to display the photos which are in certain folder this you can do it by finding Folder and  items in List (using SPList).

Thanks Shrivallabh Kulkarni MCTS
    Monday, December 7, 2009 5:36 AM
  • Hi Shrivallabh,

Thanks for replying and offering help. I have not developed any new web part. I just added "This week in Pictures" which in default web part in SharePoint.
    Not if you edit it --> you find option under Slide Show >>Image Library Name - I just changed the library name to my library (Photolib).
    Thats it. Now its showing all pictures under that library but I want it so show pictures from subfolders under my library.
    -Avinash!
    Monday, December 7, 2009 6:20 AM
  • Avinash,

If i am not wrong  "This week in Pictures" is not the inbulilt webpart of Beacuase if this is inbulilt webpart then its name is same as that of Picture library name as you are saying its name Photolib .Also check in which tab this "This week in Pictures" webpart came according to me this must be in Miscellaneous or other than Lists and Library tab.

Do following

1.Edit Page click on add webpart you will also find the Photolib webpart which will present in Lists and Library. Add that webpart on Page.

2. Go to the Photolib picture library and in setting Current view of the Picture Library (Photolib) and
    in that you will find the

Folders  tab  ==>  select  Show all items without folders

And  check the page on which you put the webpart in first step.

Monday, December 7, 2009 6:39 AM
  • Could you please let us know why do you have to put the pictures into folders of the library?  You can also use views to categories the pictures.

Monday, December 14, 2009 4:15 AM
  • Hi I have different sections whose pictures will be displayed as This week in Pictures on different pages.
    e.g. images in Photolib/party will be shown on Activities page
    images in Photolib/Lab will be shown on Laboratory page
    images in Photolib/Meeting will be shown on Mettings page
    -Avinash!
    Monday, December 14, 2009 9:33 AM
  • Avinash you didnt give any information which i specified in my second post.
    Let me know about this then it will be easy to give answer.
    Monday, December 14, 2009 9:42 AM
  • Hi, Avinash,

A simple workaround may be to create three Photo libraries and match them to three "this week in pictures" web parts.

Hi, Shrivallabh,
    "this week in pictures" is an out-of-the-box web part for News site. You can find information on how to setup the news site and the “this week in pictures” web part here:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointserver/HA101079761033.aspx

• Marked as answer by GuYuming Thursday, December 17, 2009 12:57 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 9:59 AM
  • Hi GuYuming,

Thanks for giving information. I realy not aware about this.
    Monday, December 14, 2009 10:02 AM