Exchange 2010 SP 2 mailbox role shows partially configured and OAB will no longer download RRS feed

• Question

• Fairly new to exchange, applied SP2 last night , final step had an error :

$error.Clean () Start-SetupService-Servicename msexchangesa was run failed to reach status running on this server

Everything appears to be working except BPA showsMailbox role is partially configured, and OAB will no longer download.

Suggestions.  Service pack took over 5 hours to complete, and I still need to apply service pack 3 to get prepared for Exchange 2013 and a DAG

Monday, January 19, 2015 3:45 PM

Answers

• Did you try to update to SP3 as one of the prerequisites for upgrading to Exchange2013 is Exchange2010SP3?
    If not please try updating to SP3. You could have upgraded directly to SP3

http://exchangeserverpro.com/installing-exchange-server-2010-service-pack-3/

Thanks, MAS
    Please mark as helpful if you find my comment helpful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Edited by MAS- Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by timwtaylor Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:08 PM
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:00 AM

All replies

• Did you try to update to SP3 as one of the prerequisites for upgrading to Exchange2013 is Exchange2010SP3?
    If not please try updating to SP3. You could have upgraded directly to SP3

http://exchangeserverpro.com/installing-exchange-server-2010-service-pack-3/

Thanks, MAS
    Please mark as helpful if you find my comment helpful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Edited by MAS- Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by timwtaylor Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:08 PM
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:00 AM
  • Hi,

Please check the following points to narrow down your issue:

1. In ADUC, make sure the following configurations are correct:

a. The problematic server is a member of Exchange Trusted Subsystem in Microsoft Exchange Security Group.

b. The problematic server is a member of Exchange Install Domain Servers in Microsoft Exchange System Objects.

2. In Windows PowerShell, run below command continuously during the Setup to bring back all MSExchange Services to Automatic State:

Get-Service MSExchange* | Set-Service Automatic

Then reboot the server and check whether the issue persists. If it doesn’t work, please collect more event logs in Event Viewer for further analysis.

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:54 AM
  • Did not try SP3 yet, change controls, they wanted to step through, and after 5 hours to do SP2, decided to wait a week or 2 since email was not flowing during the installation.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:33 PM
  • Exchange was already member of Exchange Trusted Subsystem and Exchange Install Domain Servers.

I did not run the powershell command, as Microsoft Exchange Forms Based Authentication Service does not start automatically, it has to be delayed start, everything else is automatic and running already with the exception of Microsoft Exchange Monitoring.

Any particular event logs you are looking for>

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:47 PM
  • Applied SP3 Sunday, again took 5+ hours.  Is this normal?

OAB will still not download, starting new thread

Monday, January 26, 2015 3:07 PM