Outlook Reminders do not pop up on top of other windows RRS feed

• Question

• Hello team, 

We are using outlook 2016 and updated to nov patches and we do not get the outlook popup on top of other windows:

This following article talks about the option" Show reminders on top of other windows." But we do not see this option. This article says its applicable to office 2016:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-or-remove-reminders-7a992377-ca93-4ddd-a711-851ef3597925#ID0EABAAA=Newer_versions

Already tried deleting the WindowsPos from : KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\xx.0\Outlook\Options\Reminders

if this is not applicable on office 206, then please get it removed from article. 

So how do we get the outlook reminders on top of other windows? Is the VBA macro the only option?

Friday, December 14, 2018 7:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Raj Gera,

The test machine works today. After testing, I find that the option "Show reminders on top of other windows" is also not available for Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.4738.1000).

Based on the information above and the test result, this option can be only available for Office 365.

Hope the information is useful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Raj Gera Thursday, December 20, 2018 9:36 PM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Raj Gera,

When tested with MSI version of Outlook 2016(16.0.4266.1001), I cannot see this option either.  As the test environment here has some problems today,  I will try to test it with a newer version tomorrow and update the result to you.

I find two related articles here:

Provide an option to set the Reminder pop-up to appear on top in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Outlook 2016 missing "Show reminders on top of other windows" check-box

According to the details, this option may be only available for Office 365. 

In my opinion, the article mostly writes about setting and removing reminders which is indeed applied to Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013 and lower versions. That's why Outlook 2016 is listed there. You can click "No" in the bottom and submit your feedback to us.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:29 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2018 2:21 AM
  • Hi Raj Gera,

The test machine works today. After testing, I find that the option "Show reminders on top of other windows" is also not available for Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.4738.1000).

Based on the information above and the test result, this option can be only available for Office 365.

Hope the information is useful to you.

Regards,

Perry

• Marked as answer by Raj Gera Thursday, December 20, 2018 9:36 PM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:26 AM
  • Hi Raj Gera,

I'm wondering if there are anything else I can do for you. If the reply above is helpful to you, would you mind helping mark it as answer so that it will benefit other forum members a lot?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 6:06 AM