none
Reporting Services Failed

Question

• Hi everyone

I have this problem with the Reports Console in System Center Data Protection Manager.

I restarted the SQL Services and I have the same problem.

Thanks for your help.

Monday, April 30, 2018 9:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Melvin,

Please try the following:

1. In the Services console, ensure that the status of World Wide Web Publishing Service ii Started. If the service is not started, right-click the service, and then click Start.
    2. If the World Wide Web Publishing Service status is Started, or if starting the service does not resolve the error, check the status of the Default Web site.

Check the status of the Default Web site

1. In the Administrative Tools, open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
    2. In the navigation pane, click Web Sites.
    3. In the details pane, ensure that the State for the Default Web Site is Running. If not, right-click Default Web Site, and then click Start.
    4. Close and then reopen DPM Administrator Console.

Kind regards,
    Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 10:02 PM
  • Hi Leon, thanks for your answer. I applied your solution and restarted Sql Services. The Services are running fine. I check the IIS, Event Viewer and Logs and I have the same problem. There is some specific log for Reporting Console? Thanks for your help.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2018 3:06 PM
  • Hi,

Try this:

1. Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
    2. Expand the Default Site.
    3. Select the ReportServer site.
    4. In the Features View click on Handling Mappings.
    5. In the upper right corner under Actions click Edit Feature Permissions.
    6. Ensure that only Read and Script are selected.

Kind regards,
    Leon

Don't forget to visit my blog The System Center Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 6:12 PM
  • Hi Leon,

In my scenary I have two Servers: 1 for Data Protector Manager and another Server for SCDPM Databases(SQL Server 2012).

In the SQL Server i don't have Installed IIS Manager Console.

But in the SCDPM Server I have this configuration in IIS Manager Console, I don't see the ReportServer Site, how can I recreate this Site?

Thanks for your Help!

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 10:52 PM
  • Hi,

Tell me a bit more of your environment, is this a newly installed DPM? Or has the Reporting Services worked before? 

If it has worked before, what has been done lately that could possible have break it?

Kind regards,
    Leon

Don't forget to visit my blog The System Center Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 11:17 PM
  • Thanks for your reply,

Bellow I respond your questions.

1. Tell me a bit more of your environment, is this a newly installed DPM? No, I have a two years with this Installation.

2. Has the Reporting Services worked before? Yes, the Reporting Services worked fine.

3. What has been done lately that could possible have break it? Not Changes are Applied.

How Can I Recover or Repair my ReportingServices Sites in IIS?

Thanks, 

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 10:59 PM
  • Hi,

On what account are you running the SQL Server Reporting Services services?

If it is run by a domain service account check that it isn't locked out and that it has enough permissions to access the database.

One method that seems to have worked for some is to reinstall the SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and run the SSRS service as NETWORK SERVICE.

Kind regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com  LinkedIn:   

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:06 PM
  • I Leon,

Toda I can connect to the Reporting Console 2 minutes after I have this event:

The description for Event ID 999 from source MSDPM cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
    If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
    T
    he following information was included with the event: 
    An unexpected error caused a failure for process 'mmc'. Restart the DPM process 'mmc'.

Problem Details:
    <FatalServiceError><__System><ID>19</ID><Seq>0</Seq><TimeCreated>05/03/2015 11:34:13</TimeCreated><Source>DpmThreadPool.cs</Source><Line>163</Line><HasError>True</HasError></__System><ExceptionType>InvalidCastException</ExceptionType><ExceptionMessage>Specified cast is not valid.</ExceptionMessage><ExceptionDetails>System.InvalidC astException: Specified cast is not valid.

I try to connect after this event, but I have the Same Error:

Thanks for your help!

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 11:45 PM