none
Custom Project Site Template (PWA 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What is the use of the "Default Project Site template" drop down list in the Project Site Provisionning Settings page, where we can select one of our Project site templates?

The selected template doesn't show anywhere.

Thanks

• Edited by WLID1966 Monday, May 28, 2012 1:43 PM
    Monday, May 28, 2012 1:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Wlid1966,

in Project Server 2007, this was the place where you selected the template for your Project Websites. In Project Server 2010, this setting seems to do nothing at all.

Instead, you use the Manage Enterprise Project Types options in PWA/Server Settings to set your Project Website template for each Enterprise Project Type. I.e. if you change the website template associated with your default Enterprise Project Type, then all new projects published from Project Client will use the new site template.

Is that what you were inquiring about?

Kind regards,
    Adrian

Monday, May 28, 2012 3:51 PM
  • Hi there,

See Brian Smith's post that mentions the Default Project Site Template in Project Site Provisioning Settings is now redundant in PS 2010:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2010/03/15/customizing-the-project-site-in-project-server-2010.aspx

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Monday, May 28, 2012 4:36 PM
    Monday, May 28, 2012 4:19 PM
  • But what is the default EPT  used by Project Professional 2010?

In Server Settings > Enterprise Project Types  I just have "Sample Proposal" and "Basic Project Plan".

The default is Basic Project Plan. There is a checkbox Default in the configuration of every EPT that can define it as default, this will also be shown in the column Default when listing all ETPs.

Kind regards;
    Adrian

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:58 PM
    Monday, May 28, 2012 7:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Wlid1966,

in Project Server 2007, this was the place where you selected the template for your Project Websites. In Project Server 2010, this setting seems to do nothing at all.

Instead, you use the Manage Enterprise Project Types options in PWA/Server Settings to set your Project Website template for each Enterprise Project Type. I.e. if you change the website template associated with your default Enterprise Project Type, then all new projects published from Project Client will use the new site template.

Is that what you were inquiring about?

Kind regards,
    Adrian

Monday, May 28, 2012 3:51 PM
  • Hi Adrian,

That's exactly what I was inquiring.

But what is the default EPT  used by Project Professional 2010?

In Server Settings > Enterprise Project Types  I just have "Sample Proposal" and "Basic Project Plan".

Thanks for your help

Monday, May 28, 2012 4:05 PM
  • Hi there,

See Brian Smith's post that mentions the Default Project Site Template in Project Site Provisioning Settings is now redundant in PS 2010:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2010/03/15/customizing-the-project-site-in-project-server-2010.aspx

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Monday, May 28, 2012 4:36 PM
    Monday, May 28, 2012 4:19 PM
  • Eventually, I changed the "Basic Project Plan".

In Server Settings > Enterprise Project Types  I just changed the default Project Site Template in the "Basic Project Plan".

And now all new project get this site template!

Thanks to all of you!

• Edited by WLID1966 Monday, May 28, 2012 4:36 PM
    Monday, May 28, 2012 4:34 PM
  • But what is the default EPT  used by Project Professional 2010?

The default is Basic Project Plan. There is a checkbox Default in the configuration of every EPT that can define it as default, this will also be shown in the column Default when listing all ETPs.

Kind regards;
    Adrian

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:58 PM
    Monday, May 28, 2012 7:41 PM
  • Hi Adrian,

Thanks a lot!

I just need to buy new glasses ;-)

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:58 PM